By Kerson Huang
This attention-grabbing ebook presents the actual and mathematical heritage for a conception describing the universe as a quantum superfluid, and the way darkish strength and darkish subject come up. featuring a unique conception spanning many alternative fields in physics, the major thoughts in each one box are introduced.
The reader is simply anticipated to grasp the rudiments of condensed subject physics, quantum box concept and basic relativity to discover this interesting new version of darkish topic and darkish strength as features of a cosmic superfluid.
Read or Download A Superfluid Universe PDF
Similar nuclear physics books
X-ray multiple-wave diffraction, often referred to as a number of diffraction or N-beam diffraction, effects from the scattering of X-rays from periodic or higher-dimensional constructions, like 2-d and 3D crystals or even quasi crystals. The interplay of the X-rays with the periodic association of atoms frequently offers structural information regarding the scatterer.
Via analyses, experimental effects, and worked-out numerical examples, Microscale and Nanoscale warmth move: basics and Engineering functions explores the tools and observations of thermophysical phenomena in size-affected domain names. Compiling the main proper findings from the literature, in addition to effects from their very own learn actions, the authors offer an invaluable treatise at the central options and functional layout engineering elements of warmth move.
This workout booklet includes three hundred standard difficulties and workouts in sleek physics and radiation physics with entire ideas, exact equations and graphs. This textbook is associated at once with the textbook "Radiation Physics for clinical Physicists", Springer (2010) yet can be utilized in mix with different similar textbooks.
Graduate scholars who desire to familiarize yourself with complex computational techniques in classical and quantum dynamics will locate during this booklet either the basics of a typical direction and a close therapy of the time-dependent oscillator, Chern-Simons mechanics, the Maslov anomaly and the Berry section, to call quite a few issues.
- Geometrodynamics of Gauge Fields: On the Geometry of Yang-Mills and Gravitational Gauge Theories (Mathematical Physics Studies)
- The Neutron's Children: Nuclear Engineers and the Shaping of Identity
- Safety Factor Profile Control in a Tokamak (SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Observation of a New State in the Search for the Higgs Boson at CMS (Publications of the Scuola Normale Superiore / Theses (Scuola Normale Superiore))
- The Universal Coefficient Theorem and Quantum Field Theory: A Topological Guide for the Duality Seeker (Springer Theses)
- Particle Detectors (Cambridge Monographs on Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics and Cosmology)
Additional resources for A Superfluid Universe
A Superfluid Universe by Kerson Huang